WELCOME TO LIYANAFADILA FELT CRAFT


Collect our E-BOOK FREE and PATTERN FREE here.

TQ FOR VISIT, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON MY POST AND DO COME AGAIN (^_^)...

FEEL FREE ALSO TO CONTACT ME THROUGH OUR FB PAGE

Monday 30 January 2012

CRAFT TIPS >>> HOW TO SEW FELT ON YOUR T-SHIRT



Salam and nite to all my crafter friends, followers and readers.

A few days ago, someone asked me whether I accept order for sewing felt on t-shirt or not. Then, I said to her that since I'm still new in this 'felt craft world' (only about 2 months just now), and I never try to sew felt on t-shirt. I promised her that I will try to do that craft work using my tools first and contact her back after finished. 

How I will gonna do this, sewing felt on t-shirt? Which type of felt that suitable to use? It is same as beading on 'Baju Kurung (Malay's traditional women cloth)'? My brain start thinking, if I can come out with a nice t-shirt design, maybe I have chance to receive order from her.

Then, I 'm asking other crafter at 'Geng Felt Crafter Group' on Facebook. Luckily got two of them have done this project before and very kind to share some useful tips with me. Here, I share with you some tips that have been given by my craft seniors, Kraf Fieza and Tie Ganu .

  • used 100% POLYESTER FELT because it can be wash (washable) and the colour of felt is still maintain after wash, DON'T USED acrylic felt
  • for HANDMADE you need to be careful and sew it tightly and closely, so the stitch will not open when use wash that shirt
  • used GLUE PAPER like in the picture below, inside the t-shirt to make your stitch more tight on that shirt.
  • you can used either REGULAR THREAD (need to double the thread to make your stitch look more clear on polyester) like we used in sewing cloth or SPECIAL THREAD FOR FELT

GLUE PAPER


I'm very sorry because my English writing is not so good, you can read the actual conversation HERE.

Thank you for reading and happy crafting.

contact me at "liyanafadila@gmail.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...